Tuesday, October 20, 2009

BUFFY























Something a little different today, this being a splatter-and-solid-black-free drawing of one Buffy Summers. I'm currently working my way through Season 5 of the show and am surprised how good it is. After Season 4 (which i really didn't like) in my head the show went downhill. Re-watching Season 5 is just reminding me how bloody good the show was.

Anyhoo, since i lacked a better idea i just drew what i've been watching. Turned out okay.

Dec.

8 comments:

Mansloth said...

I, like this,great expression on her face

Fran Johnston said...

I too like this Dec. Simple yet effective I would say.

Stephen Mooney said...

Turned out great, you really captured her helpless 'Oh-shit-the-world-is-caving-in' expression from season 5.

Declan Shalvey said...

Yeah, she does seem to have a lot of that expression going on this season.

Thanks lads.

Will Sliney said...

Nice one Dec

jamie said...

great likeness,
but i miss the splatter.

perhaps if i put some of my own splatter on there...

Stephen Thompson said...

Nice, interesting to see you do a headshot rather than a full figure action piece. I would have expected a staking with lots of bloody splatter. Kudos sir for the straightforward approach of a good expressive likeness.

Declan Shalvey said...

Jamie; Ewww. Also; i should have thought of that gag myself.

Thomps; thanks man. Wanted to mix it up a bit and keep it simple. Might even just put up a loose sketch next week.I tried cartooning the likeness a *little* but it's probably still a bit more referency than i'd like.